Friday, October 2, 2009

Preparation: The day before I leave

Friday, October 2, 2009
Preparations are in final stages for my trip to Romania. I leave tomorrow afternoon -- flying out of Fort Wayne to Dallas to London to Bucharest. For those who are not aware, I was selected by the U.S. Department of State to travel to Romania and present information regarding rural and small libraries. More information regarding the itinerary and presentation can be found here: http://www.pauldingcountylibrary.org/romaniatrip.htm

I am a bit apprehensive, but very excited to have the opportunity to share my passion for rural libraries with others. I will also learn a great deal from my Romanian contacts and new friends. The U.S. Embassy in Romania has put together a tremendous itinerary with meetings, digital video conferences and presentations.

This blog will act as my daily journal.


2 comments:

  1. Exciting, Susie!

    Thanks for taking the time to set up this journal/blog.

    I'll be awaiting developments as they occur.

    We are so proud of you!!!

    Love ya-

    george

    ReplyDelete